The COVID-19 protocol includes but is not limited to:
- Screening of guests’ temperature on arrival with a thermal scanner
- If a guest’s temperature falls within the normal range and they do not show any symptoms they will be required to sanitise their hands and proceed to check-in
- If a guest’s temperature is high (actual temperature at screening should not exceed 37.5 degrees Celsius) and/or they have symptoms of the virus they will NOT be allowed to check-in and will be referred to a medical facility
- Guests will be required to complete and sign a questionnaire around COVID-19 symptoms
- Guests will be required to abide by the COVID-19 measures as outlined to them upon arrival
- Physical distancing measures (1,5-2m) as marked in the Reception & public areas need to be respected at all times
- A cleaning & linen change service is provided every 3 days or upon request, to minimise contact time. Please let us know your requirements so that we may accommodate your needs.
- The treatment rooms are sanitized between each session
- Luggage will be sanitized upon check-in
- No CASH will be accepted as a method of payment – only credit cards or bank transfers prior to arrival will be accepted
Our COVID-19 policy entails:
- Physical distancing measures (1,5-2m) are marked in the Reception & public areas throughout the building.
- Educating our team (ongoing) about the virus – its origin, what it is, how it is transmitted & symptoms to look out for. We have trained on global best practice protocols for sanitisation and care of both ourselves, our families & guests, following the guidelines of the WHO, European and US Centres for Disease Control, and the South African Institute for Communicable Diseases.
- Daily measures are in place to screen & check the team upon arrival at work to prevent further contamination and spread.
- Guest hand sanitisers (alcohol based) are placed at hotel entrance in easy reach of guests, with a notice encouraging regular use.
- Personal hygiene is being reiterated, including the importance of washing hands frequently and thoroughly, avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth, practicing respiratory hygiene (sneezing and coughing into a tissue that is safely discarded or the crook of the elbow), and avoiding touching one’s face.
- Regular routine cleaning of public areas such as restrooms, counter tops & surfaces, stairways, hand rails, door handles, back office and front desk surfaces & equipment are wiped down routinely throughout the day. A strong medical grade chemical disinfectant that kills most viruses is used. High touch points in rooms including light switches, remote controls, taps and toilet flush handles are routinely disinfected, as are room keys, stationery & PC’s used in the daily operation of the business.
- Our hot water systems have been set to 60 degrees for guest use, as well as for all guest laundry and linen.
- Personal protective wear such as protective gloves & mandatory cloth face masks are worn by all personnel when on duty.
- We avoid close contact with anyone who is coughing, sneezing and feverish, and request that our guest do the same.
- Anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness to be reported to the hotel’s general manager for further action to take place, which may include contacting the NICD hotline.
- The NICD Hotline is available to all staff and guests. In the event that anyone feels ill after travelling from countries with coronavirus, the South African Department of Health advises first phoning the National Institute of Communicable Diseases (NICD) helpline rather than going straight to a medical facility, to prevent potential contamination. The NICD hotline number is 080 002 9999.
We are continuously monitoring developments and doing all we can to reduce the risk of potential contamination or spread of disease.
We thank you for choosing to stay with us and appreciate your understanding and support of the above